The Wells Fargo digital workplace, Teamworks, supports more than 266,000 employees who work in 32 countries and territories. In addition to using Teamworks, Wells Fargo employees use on average four to five different role-based or administrative systems every day. The result is a disjointed digital employee experience.
Christy Punch will share how the Wells Fargo Digital Workplace team is connecting data and systems from across the company into one integrated digital employee experience. To achieve true integration, the team used a cutting edge “microservices” architecture to put in place a technical foundation that simplifies the delivery of a great employee experience. In the process, Wells Fargo won a Gold Award in Step Two Design’s 2019 Intranet and Digital Workplace Award.
• How the Wells Fargo Digital Workplace team uses design thinking, user research, and pilots to deliver experiences that balance both employee and stakeholder needs
• Learn more about the leading-edge microservices technology and how it enables integrations
• How the team is simplifying the employee experience through aggregation and common patterns in digital workplace experiences like Notifications, Profile, and Search
• How employee data is used to deliver a highly-personalized user experience
• How a well-defined governance framework aligns people and technology to not only reduce risk, but to also ensure the business value of the integration strategy is realized
Wells Fargo won a Gold Award in Step Two’s Intranet and Digital Workplace Award in 2019.