Scottish Natural Heritage won the StepTwo Intranet and Digital Workplace Silver award 2017.
Navigating internal politics and wading through mounds of strategic dependencies isn’t my idea of fun. I don’t expect it’s yours either! Capturing the benefits and dis-benefit for your project is good practice and will ultimately lead to success. During the session I’ll share my own journey from vision to measures, strategy, business case and onto implementation!
– You don’t have to be an expert to succeed. But you need expertise around you.
– Forget the tech, business benefits are what matters at this stage.
– Some senior people will make it their mission to derail you. Get to know them and find out what makes them tick. If they’re decision members, work on people around them.
– Develop measures of success at the outset, not once the site has launched!
– Think about dependencies. Things the project is dependent on and things that depend on the project.
– Don’t underestimate how long this all takes. Developing the business case may take longer than technical implementation.
– Look after yourself. If you don’t the project won’t succeed.